Thursday, July 10, 2014

Snakes and bears and bats, oh my.

I guess we all have something creepy, crawly that we detest. For me it is snakes!! I'd run a country mile to get away from one.



One of my daughters (who shall remain nameless ha ha) can not even look at a picture of a bear, much less the real thing. So, one time I bought her a bear bookmark. I'm such a sweet mommy.



You are wondering how I got off on this scary subject? Well, this morning I opened the apartment door to set my garbage out beside it (they pick it up at your door, folks. How cool is that?).

As I turned to go back in the apartment I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A leaf stuck to my front window screen? After all we did have a bad rain/wind storm yesterday evening so anything flying through the air could have landed there. Nope... it was a BAT... yep, that's what I said, a bat.



Of course, I ran and got my camera. How often are you up close and personal with a dang bat? So, I posted it on facebook and my granddaughter (who shall also remain nameless) sent a comment that she had no comment... only goose bumps. She's as afraid of bats as her mother is of bears.

Now, if I see a snake up on this third floor... or a bear. I am checking outta this place!

I think all kinds of critters like these should be behind a fence. What do you think?

 
I am linking with Good Fences

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Can't believe you were able to photograph the bat! Glad you are joining in the fun with Good Fences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a big Bat ? Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. hope the bat isn't caught on the screen and is just resting. :)

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate snakes and can barely look at a picture of one. I hate bats almost as much. Great closeup picture of the bat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a bat you don't have to worry about the insects! Great photos today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeh....fences can't hold in my worst fear.....spiders! ick! hate 'em.... they freak me out....

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have snakes here, legend has it St Patrick cleared them out but people do keep them as exotic pets?!! I am with you on snakes, we do have bats and they are a protected species here,bears I don't have to worry about either. I'm glad hurricane Arthur passed you by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- I would never imagine a bat just hanging around outside my door! Egads!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am petrified of snakes, and I'm scared of bats, too, because of fear of rabies. But black bears? I love them. From a distance, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind bats but snakes make me jump! I started to walk out the door a few days ago and there was a rat snake stretched out right in front of the door, slinking past! Within a few minutes he disappeared into the bushes, but like you, I got his picture. But now I feel nervous every time I open the door!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fence and the way it joins the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fence is gorgeous!!!!

    Snakes, on the other hand, make me shiver, shake and scream! I hate them so much! And I am sorry to say, I have passed this onto my 43 year old daughter. I feel bad about it but I could not control myself years ago, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice fence. I think I would prefer a better fence to keep a bear away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait till you see the pictures of the Tropical Insect Museum we visited! :-) More creepy crawlies than you would EVER want to see alive, that's for sure! :-) Cute post.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.