Friday, August 29, 2014

This and That

Joining in with Willy-Nilly Friday      Why don't you go there and join in, too? It's lots of fun.

1. My daughter, Susan, and grandson, Tighe, have been visiting me. The visit was way too short and I loved every minute of it. When I woke this morning, the apartment was so quiet and my heart empty. Here is Tighe playing with his cousin, Dylan, in my apartment.


2. I am not sure why restaurants think that the 'background' music has to have the volume of a rock concert!! I don't like places like that.

3. Counting down time..... one more day 'til Bama football. Guess where I will be all Fall?  Watching Football. Yeah!


4. When Susan was here, we watched some old family videos (movies). Oh my gosh, the memories just came flooding back. Back then you took a lot of video. Now it's just snippets off a cell phone. How sad. And, they call that progress?

5. I feel a little tired this morning after the visit and I know that my body isn't what it used to be. I do get TIRED. Getting older sucks... notice, I said getting older, not getting OLD. Susan gave me a book that I really like. Maybe it will help me feel more energetic and healthy during these older years. Now, to just apply some of those 'hundreds' of ways to live to be 100.


6 comments:

  1. How sweet! The two boys playing! I always wanted T & C to get together and play and learn to love each other, but they've never even seen one another. That has to be corrected! :-) Love the book you got! What a cool idea, to anticipate 100! And I know what you mean about loud music. Yesterday at C's open house at school they were playing loud music and it was hard to talk to the teachers. They had the "announcements" line open, but I wish they would have turned the music off in-between. Same way with restaurants. SOOOO annoying sometimes! Hope you will come by and see my Willy Nilly post, but also check out the one before it so you don't miss any of the trip! Glad you got to visit with Susan! She didn't call me on the way home, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting older may suck, but it beats your other choices! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you to have the Grandkids visit. They looked so cute playing on the floor. I'm not much into football anymore but I occasionally catch a game. Maybe I should check that book out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Latane ...Isn't it wonderful to have the little ones at your house playing? My new grandson is 3 1/2 weeks old and the next ones are both 15 so it is going to be nice to have a little boy around here again.

    One of my pet peeves is the music that they play in the restaurants. My husband is hard of hearing and can not take that rock stuff they keep playing. I know it is the kids that are working there but where is the manager? Just a little softer and not some of this crazy stuff they are loving now. I love music but not like "that" when we are dining...even if it is just Wendy's! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun when they visit?!
    I've been sitting Thursday afternoons with a man who has ALS. It makes one appreciate one's health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it always seems so quiet and sad when your company leaves...big hugs!! hope they visit again soon!! i hope you will join willy nilly again tomorrow!! sorry it took me so long to visit, my internet was down!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.