Friday, September 26, 2014

Farewell to Summer and to Linwood

Here I go.....

                 With Five Random Thoughts on Friday.

                                      Gonna hook up with Tanya for her Willy-Nilly Friday meme. Thanks, Tanya.

#1. It's wonderful to have a nice, clean apartment building but the chemicals that the guys are using for the power washing, of said building, is playing havoc with my sinuses.

#2. I recall saying (not too many months ago) that I didn't think I would go back to the beach for a week of scrapbooking. My excuse... I said I was getting too old!! Imagine me saying that. Whatever came over me. True I am the oldest, by far, of the scrapbookers but here I am, counting off the days until we go again... Oct. 11th, here I come.
 
 
#3. Summertime is almost gone. I don't HATE summer, just the hot temps, so it makes me a little sad. But, YEAH.... Fall is right around the corner!
 
#4. Yesterday we had a BIG Shingdig here at The Commons. Our head of maintenance retired and around 70 people came to wish him well. The staff furnished fried chicken while the residents brought 'pot luck'. Great food, great fellowship. The pictures are of a few of the residents and then Linwood Wiggins giving his little speech of farewell.


 
#5. I guess this little cartoon says it all
Bye You All....
See you in a few days.
Latane

8 comments:

  1. i am happy you are going for the scrapping week! you are NOT too old! the party looks fun, everyone looks like they are having a great time. so glad you have activities to attend now! thank you for linking and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post.....I love your posts. I am so happy you like it where you are, BUT..I hope they finish cleaning your building soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrapbooking at the beach? What could be better.
    I'm so ready for fall as well!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like a fun time - he deserved a good send off I'm sure!
    Glad you decided to go back to the beach - I told Marie how much I love how you get out and get going - we should emulate you in more ways than one. You're a fun lady I'm certain!

    Now, enjoy your weekend and get those sinuses better quickly!

    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY WEEKEND! Sounds like a great party and send off! Love the beach photo, I wish summer would hang around longer. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one great, filled with lots o' goodies and personal thoughts this week!! I've never done scrapbooking....but I do love the beach. LOL

    What a terrific retirement shindig y'all had for him. Did someone say 'fried chicken'?!! Oh yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrapbooking at the beach sounds like a great getaway.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.