Monday, February 16, 2015

Good Random Fun

GOOD.....I awoke to a gorgeous red sunrise this morning and ducks busy on the pond swimming and feeding. What fun it is to be able to see such wonderful things God has given us and... I might add, to wake up every morning feeling great and anticipating a wonderful day.

I am awaiting (as are millions of other people) a snowfall later today. Most people probably don't conside that much fun as they have already had their fill of snow and the cold weather. But, I was away during the brief snow that we had here in Suffolk, Va. and missed the first one here at my apartment. So... I am looking forward to it.

RANDOM... I've  not been out with my camera much lately so I am  randomly digging into my picture archives to see what I can find. I think I may be able to link up with Murals and Good Random Fun. Come along with me and let's see what I can come up with.

I found this large mural on the side of a building in Tarboro, N. C. 

and this one on the side of a barn in Southeast Virginia

FUN... Valentine's day was fun for me. The staff here at the apartment complex cooked us all a Sweetheart breakfast. My sweetie won a bouquet of roses at the breakfast so he gave them to me. I had lunch with my daughter, granddaughter and great-grandson and that was great fun. (oh by the way, Leslie (my sweetie) is embarrassed that I am telling everyone he won the flowers he gave me for Valentines and didn't buy them. But, we had already decided that we would ONLY exchange cards this year. So, now you know... he's not a cheapskate like he thinks everyone thinks he is! (smiley face)


And, this happened years ago but was so much fun. My daughter and son-in-law always have a HUGE Christmas tree. After the festivities were over, and rather than drag it through the house, s-i-l decided to just slide it through the nearby window. He started cutting off the lower limbs and that's when everybody got into the act. We made a redneck Christmas tree, stringing lights on the trunk, tied a beer can or two at the base, added roping around it. We had the most fun. You ought to try it sometime.

Stay inside if you can, if not be safe.
                                                                                                   

11 comments:

  1. I love the murals, especially the cows.. Pretty roses and the tree is neat. Great post, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to get the roses, no matter how t hey came. very sweet, and glad you had a lovely day. That is quite the tree....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying your new home so much.
    We got ice now they say the snow is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats a great sunrise!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in KY we already have several inches of snow this morning and it is still snowing. I hope you don't get too much out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a cow mural much like this in my small town. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There, That was nice that your "Sweetie" gave you those beautiful flowers... Even if he 'won' them---it was nice that he gave them to you... No cheapskate at all!!!!!!! He's a GREAT guy!!!!

    Hope you got some 'pretty' snow and not the horrible ICE that we got here..

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The military mural pays homage to each branch of the military and seems an impressive presentation. The cows made to look like they're munching a real bush is a hoot. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the murals. The farm scene is very beautiful--and so are the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Randoms! I enjoyed all the fun things...hey you could have also linked up to ABC because the letter was F. :-) Great murals! Such lovely roses! Oh no, that Leslie is NOT a cheapscate! Tell him no one thought that.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.