Thursday, June 25, 2015

It's Purple

It's been quite a week... and the week isn't over yet. What will come up next?

It has been record heat here. Maybe it just sort of fried my brain so I can't think. Nothing much rattling around in there so for Willy Nilly Friday and Five on Friday I am going to share my favorite color with you. I hope you like the pictures I chose. Do you like purple? Some people don't.

First of all just let me say.....

2nd. As a child, I loved to color. In fact, I still do... and purple is my favorite crayola to pick up and turn the paper into magic. I noticed the other day on pinterest that someone had a board of coloring designs for adults. I think I should get me some of those.

3rd. This one I am not sure about. I love tulips, yes, I do. But, purple ones? Not so sure about that!

4th. My daughter had purple and silver as the color scheme for my 80th birthday party. I love a party, don't, you?

5th. These leaves are so velvety looking, I wish I had pots and pots of them on my balcony. 

Have a great weekend. Stay cool, do something fun. Always be true to yourself.
                                                                                                           

14 comments:

  1. I guess that you do! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love purple too, and the movie "the color purple"! i also LOVED to get new crayons as a kid! i think it's cooled off a little here today, woke up to thunderstorms...have a great weekend and thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple . . . the color Lydia sold - and was known for - good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no need to ask me that question...hehehehe, i LOVE anything purple!!! and would love to see purple tulips!!!! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is my favourite colour too, have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your purples! You should have looked for a few purple things to photograph too though. You should have seen me out photographing a huge orange slice on the corner of Orange Grove Road and River yesterday! :-) For a future orange post. I had been doing fuscia, but I am having trouble finding fuscia things....may wait to post that one and do orange or purple or turquoise next....whatever I can get the most photos of. The color theme is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you about it being HOT and I sympatize with you.
    I like purple because it's unexpected and not a color you see that much.
    Coloring is fun, I should check out the Pinterest board you mentioned.
    I liked your purple shots and I liked the purple tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that I am one of those who is on the fence with purple, some tones I love and some not so much, although I could say that for lots of colours as I am sure many people could!! So really I am talking rubbish!!! Purple and silver is a great colour scheme for a party isn't it! You will have seen from my post today and that I am enjoying colouring in for grown ups, I can confirm it is great fun! Thank you so much for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a purple week this week! What colour will next week be? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple is one of my three favourite colours, what a great, fun and inspiring post x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purple used to be only for royalty or the rich...wasn't it? I love a rich deep purple of a African violet. And my sister loves to color even yet, there are so many neat things now a days

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not my favourite colour but I do love your photographs, especially the leaves. Have a lovely weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful purple post! Complete with balloons too!
    Hugs for now...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE purple! Apparently it's one of the only colours that anybody with any skin tone can wear and still look good - although I think that anything looks good in purple! xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.