Monday, October 5, 2015

Flooding

I really feel for those poor people caught in all the flooding on the East Coast, especially South Carolina. The pictures on television are just so heart-wrenching. We were lucky - well, lucky is such an empty word - blessed, I should say, to have escaped a lot of the wrath of both the Nor'easter which hit here for days and days before Joaquin even got close enough to affect us. And, then here came Joaquin!! 

I have not been out of the apartment in days and days and days....

It's too wet and windy to stay on the balcony for more than a minute or two but I did get a picture of the pond. The pond is up SO high. You may not can tell but I am posting before and after pictures.

                                                                    BEFORE



AFTER
Well, since it's taken from a different angle with a different camera,  I don't think you can see how much water is in the pond. I tried, anyway. 



And, please continue to pray for those people who have lost their belongings, their homes and some their lives. 
                                                                                                                  

9 comments:

  1. That flooding sounds terrible....I have to admit I haven't been following the news very much. Its been busy here....and we had a wedding to celebrate, and I've been reading The Cottage Tales by Susan Wittig Albert when I can. It was my turn to teach S.School also, so I've been kind of busy. Even the newspapers stack up alarmingly around here. We always mention cancelling them, but then no news at all and no puzzles....grin. Hope your pond doesn't get worse and that the flood victims will get speedy help from everywhere! The sun finally came out today, how nice to see it again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flooding is so sad and you are blessed to be have a safe shelter in the storm. I'd want to be as high as possible in weather like that. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have a lot of flooding in this area but my neighborhood is fine. we are on the water, but up 40 feet. it's a shame mother nature can't spread the rain out, a little more evenly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floods are just devastating to the area. Many prayers being sent their way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are okay! Stay put until it's safe.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so sad and please take care we are all thinking of all of you. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely see a difference. Take care and stay safe. I know cabin fever is awful, but better than getting into some trouble outside. I do feel for and pray for those who lost everything. The good news is that 'things' can be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following the floods on the news - so tragic! My heart goes out to all those poor people. Glad to hear that you are safe. xo K

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.