Monday, February 8, 2016

Football and Birds

I don't know about you, (for my friends in the U. S.) but last night's Super Bowl fell flatter than a pancake!! True, I am not a professional football fan and true, I usually watch the Super Bowl to see the commercials since I don't have a team to follow. But, last night, I was rooting for the Carolina Panthers just simply because they are a Southern team and their quarterback played for Auburn U. 

Boy, was I disappointed. But, enough about that. 


It's cold here. Maybe not as cold as it could be but cold enough to keep me inside. I don't like the cold.. but then I don't like it when it's hot. Guess I love Spring and Fall the best. 


Did someone say Spring? Ah.... I am counting the days!!


I did get out yesterday. Church and lunch out. 


Oh, and I got out Saturday... all the way down to the parking lot to get something out of the car. And, I just happened to take my camera with me. And, got a couple shots I will share with you. I mean, what's a blog post without pictures?



This little ole squirrel has been busy searching for something to eat. "Now where did I bury that nut?"


The heron was hungry, too. I love the heron best of the water birds I see. He's so handsome.


The geese come every day to swim around. I try hard to get a picture of them in flight. Haven't managed to do that yet. You be sure, I will share them if I ever do. 

                                                                                                  

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I did not watch the Superbowl. I am not really a football fan. Love the birds and images. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't watch football either. I do like the cold ...much colder than your Alabama. It's 5C (41 F) far too warm for our winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't only the football game that was a dissapointment, Latane, but most of those commercials were even worse. Budweiser didn't even have a cute puppy this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, sorry the Panthers didn't win. Poor Y & J & C went to a Superbowl party, and you know it's not their "thing" but were invited by his old boss at PSE. They went last year too. Yvonne texted me "Kill me!" :-) Love your photos! Are you getting deluged with rain and cold wind? Or were you yesterday, since the storm has moved on up the coast? Hoping Susan & everyone are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heron picture! Love watching those long-legged birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Blue Herons are a favorite subject of mine, too. They're so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.