Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fences and Petrified Trees

On a recent trip to Alabama I was fascinated, not by these fences, but by what was contained within their boundaries. Linking up at Fences.

This exhibit was what they said was a Petrified Lycopod Tree Stump over 300 million years old. Well, I don't know how long this earth has been here... no one does. But, that is one long time for a tree stump to be around!!


                          And, this one is a Petrified Conifer Tree nearly 90 million years old. Wow.


Okay, so the fences are ornate and pretty to look at and you do see those type of things occassionally but folks, a petrified Tree!! Come on, now. Since when have you seen one of those?

14 comments:

  1. The last time I saw a wrought iron fence like that it was around a burial site. Haven't seen a petrified tree trunk...until now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very interesting. Great contribution for Good Fences this week. Hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting to see even though I don't believe the earth is that old.
    There is a petrified forest in Mississippi, but I have never been to see it. I should go there - soon! - and post photos!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Not sure I know what a petrified tree is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing post and photos for fences ~

    Wishing you a gentle weekend coming ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderfully ornate fence around a geological wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos☺ Have a lovely day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! That's really incredible! I'd love to see it some time. I know that was so interesting for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat to look at those really, really, really OLD trees & they do have some nice ornate fencing to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty interesting tree stump!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.