Friday, March 24, 2017

I'm Whining...

It's been a disturbing week. Let me tell you all about it. Oh geez, you say, just what I need.. someone else's problems. Sorry, just need a shoulder to cry on. And, I think the folks over at Willy Nilly Friday and Five On Friday have that shoulder!! Come over and visit them. They'd love it.

1. Nothing is worse than an aching tooth. Well, not that I can think of right now. And, that's what I have.

2. I had a good dentist and he up and retired on me. How could he do such a thing?

3. I thought the lively young lady who took over his practice would work out fine. Boy, was I mistaken.

4. Tuesday I had a crown removed and a temporary one put on so I can prepare for a tooth pulling. It wasn't hurting until she put that temporary one on. And, now my lip is all 'chewed' up and hurting like crazy. It was swollen but has gone down now. She kept me in the chair twice as long as needed. She had me confused about the upcoming tooth pulling. The assistant jammed the suction tube against my gum so hard I could feel it cutting (and believe me, the jaw was NUMB) and so much more. I was upset.

5. Children to the rescue. Shirley (she's the middle daughter) and Michael (my only son) put their heads together and made plans. Shirley got me in to see her dentist the next day!! Imagine that. I'd waited 2 1/2 months on the other one to see me. And, I now have a new dentist. 

               Now, I've gotten that off my chest. Aren't you glad I am through whining? 



                                 Okay, I am all ears now... You can unload on me. I will listen.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Mom...much worse than I thought! I am so sorry. Glad you changed dentists. Hope it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for all your tooth pain and that the dentist didn't work out. Hopefully, the new dentist will get you back to 100% soon. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have good kids who ride to the rescue! So glad that you have a different, competent dentist. I'm with you, dental pain is like no other...very debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor old you, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good dentist is a must. We have had the same one for more than 30 years. He's older than we are but his son joined the practice and he is just as wonderful.

    Glad to hear things are improving. Someone told me she skipped the temporary crown step because the dentist used a digital printer to make the new crown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! It is so very hard to find a dentist you can trust. Where I live, even harder as not all their practices are up to date. Hope you got some relief now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the dentist. I have a phobia. Didn't go for years. I have finally found a lovely one that caters to people who are afraid of the dentist. The group are all women and they are terrific. I can't imagine having to change dentist again. They are really gentle and explain everything thoroughly before starting.

    Glad you got things worked out.

    Happy Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Listening is an art, that's for sure. It is always appreciated. Hope the tooth is on the mend. Thanks for the visit to my creative writing blog. That's always appreciated too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dental-issues-are-the-pits!

    I spent years with one dentist, who did not "do right" by me. Finally got some sense, and switched.

    New doc has had to repair my teeth (what are left), to the tune of many $$$. -sigh-

    Best of luck with your new, new dentist. I am so happy for you!!!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awful! I'm so glad you have found a dentist you can rely on now :) thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, We're always hear if you need to take a load off!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.