Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sad Times

I've been distracted lately and with good reason. But, let me start at the beginning...

I was married for 60 years to a wonderful man. I miss him every single day.

After he was gone, I met a man who filled a spot in my heart, that spot being a lonely spot, the need for companionship. We have been together 5 1/2 years. He's a good man, loving, kind and quite the gentleman.



He had pneumonia last August and just never seemed to recover, kept going downhill. But, the blow came this past week. They found lung cancer cells in an enlarged lymph node in his right side. A PET scan is due next week.

I see him every day, not able really to move out of his chair, no longer interested in reading his newspaper or watching tv, eating very little, drinking almost nothing. It just makes me very sad and I am so concerned.

So, I am asking for prayers... please.

Thanks.

14 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry Latane...prayers are being said and sent from Texas. Warm hugs dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, praying for your dear friend. And for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latane, I am so sorry for your friend. Praying in Missouri for your friend, his doctor and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be adding my prayers Latane. I am so sorry for your dear friend...and for you.

    Warm Hugs and Prayers to You Both 💮

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers sent for your dear friend Latane. I am so sorry you are going through this trial. Stay strong and know that many are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Leslie (hope I'm remembering his name) and the diagnosis. I know your presence is a blessing to him in these days. Prayers for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just saddened to hear this news of your good friend and companion for the past several years. I recall you had some good outings together and that you always spoke warmly of him Latane. I pray things will improve with the help of modern medicine, and know it's really hard for you to see him suffering this way. My prayers are with him, and you too dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry, Mom! Keeping you and him in my prayers. Tell Leslie we are thinking of him and praying for him. God be with you and keep you strong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So hglad s name is Leslie? I thank your daughter for that.....it's easier to pray when you have a name and I am praying by name, out loud and on purpose....

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your dear friend and loving companion, sending you both a hug and know you will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping your dear friend, Leslie, in our thoughts and am sure he appreciates just having you close by as a dear friend, Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Latane. That is hard. My hubby has cancer. My only thoughts are to enjoy each day, as best you can. But, then, I think you know that. We're ramping up to new tests for the next two months. Many big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to read this Latane.
    Sending my thoughts and prayers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.