Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Company Comes to Visit

I have company. Yes, my 'baby' daughter, Susan, and her son, nine year old T. are visiting. They drove down from New York yesterday and we have had such a good time already, catching up on the latest, going to dinner for some Mexican food and watching old home movies. I mean those movies are really OLD... dating back to the mid 1950s. We finally got the mid '70s before we called it a night. 

While they head off to Busch Gardens today with another of my daughters, Shirley, and her six year old grandson, I will remain behind. Well, I'm not as young as I once was or I would be right there enjoying their fun. Bummer. But, Grandma stays home. Her old knees won't take all that walking!!


We had a bad storm go through the area the other day. I always worry about the osprey sitting atop that cell tower in inclement weather. Poor things. 


We saw the heron edging his way around the pond, searching for food for his supper. He isn't there as often as he used to be. I wonder if he's found another 'eating establishment'. 

I hope the rest of the week is just dandy for all of you. Enjoy each day. We are guaranteed nothing in this life but the love of God. So, live your life to the fullest, enjoy every moment and share with the rest of us, the fun and interesting things that you wish to and can. Love you all.

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your precious time with your family.
    Your Heron image is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you must so enjoy visits with your daughters and grandbabies...helps so much to lift the spirit...beautiful photos today Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for company! What's your favorite old movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy having your family with you. we just visited youngest son mike and it was so good to see him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i forgot to say that that is a beautiful capture of the heron, you are lucky to have him in your view!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, Mom! Some great advice! Glad Susan is there and you guys are having a great visit. I would have stayed home from Busch Gardens too! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Latane, We seem to be thinking along the same lines this week, namely taking and enjoying each day that comes our way.
    Enjoy your time with your daughters and grands!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so glad they came to see you!! Sure sounds a great visit to me!i also enjoy your osprey pictures-- they are neat birds and i just started watching and noticing them in the past 2 years or so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrilled to hear that you have company and can enjoy some special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always nice when family come to see you ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy visiting with your family. I would have stayed home and let the young folks go to the theme park, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Family visits are always nice and bummer too about not being able to continue with them, Latane. But you had a nice dinner and fun watching old films and so life is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to have the little ones visit, but they have a lot more energy than us older folks.
    I worry about the Hummingbirds when we have strong storms, but they seem to be just fine - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am glad you have family spending time with you! i love watching movies as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a happy day when you have family there enjoying life with you! Old movies are good. Old HOME MOVIES are even better!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.