Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Visit From My Daughter

I am having a lovely visit with my eldest daughter, Marie. Most of you know her from her blog, A Colorful World. Due to circumstances 'belong our control' we hadn't seen each other in some years. So, we've been doing a bunch of catching up. 

After years of not driving far from home, I went to the airport two hours away to pick her up. So, I was very proud of myself. Of course, the GPS helped!! 

We've done some fun stuff so I just wanted to share a bit of that with you.... and we have two more days left before she has to leave. 

On Saturday we took a drive into the countryside, swinging through Smithfield where we knew we'd have photo opts. The town has a lot of historic and interesting houses. It's the home of Smithfield Foods (all that ham and bacon, you know). Here's Marie taking pictures of a home for sale on the Pagan River. Oh how we wish we could buy it! 



                             We stopped by Smithfield Foods Corporate Buildings and Gardens. 

On to Surry Seafood Company for lunch. We ate on the patio overlooking a beautiful scene with a slight breeze blowing. The food was yummy and we enjoyed all that so much.


Oh, while on the way to the restaurant we swung in for a 'drive by' at Bacon's Castle. Both of us had done the tour before so we just wanted pictures. This is the site of Bacon's Rebellion in which Jamestown was burned and in which my husbands direct ancestor was hung for his participation. 

                         And, the cotton was ready for picking in a field at Bacon's Castle. 

So, it was a fun day. More to come later on. 

12 comments:

  1. Pretty scenes!
    How interesting to visit the Smithfield Foods HQ.
    Have a wonderful day!
    PS. On your previous post, you forgot to add your link on The Barn Collective page, but there is still time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea, for reminding me about the link. I've been so busy visiting with daughter that I just couldn't and didn't think about it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a fun visit with your daughter creating some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you and your daughter are having fun times! (I didn't know that she is a blogger, too. What fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so fun to hear about your visit! i wish she could stay longer with you! it looks like you both are having a wonderful time...that house is pretty! i haven't been to bacon castle yet but one of these days we will! interesting about your husband's ancestor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been an amazing visit! Such wonderful sharing. I've been loving every minute with my sweet Mom. Will be posting about my trip after I return home, probably for at least three weeks. :-) This has been a very special, special trip for me and one I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the fact that you two are together. Enjoyed the photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you read Diana's blog at Thesedaysofmine.com? She has some connection to Bacon's castle too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're enjoying your visit! The area looks so lovely, I really like the photo of the dock, looks like good fishing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun the two of you have had. I love the look of the house she's taking the picture of.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.