Friday, November 24, 2017

Five Rocks

Is the rock painting craze in your neighborhood? Oh, my... it is here. And, of course I thought I had to join in but the idea is beginning to wane a bit with me. I do that sort of thing, jump in full force and then peter out. It's a Latane thing!  

1. I dropped off (hid) a painted rock at Wendy's the other day. There's a painted rock group on facebook that some people post their paintings and findings on there. I seldom have one on there so I was surprised when I got home to see where someone had already found my rock and posted it. About two days later, there was the same rock posted by someone who had just found it at Walgreens. My rock is making the rounds. I am thrilled. 

2. Here is a rock I found lying on the window sill at Chic-fil-a. 

3. This rock is one I painted and hid at Cracker Barrel. And, shortly afterward, some lady posted the below picture on facebook. She'd found it and posed it on the peg game on her table. Again, such fun for me to see. 

4. Daughter Shirley snapped this picture (unbeknownst to me) while I was 'hiding' a rock at the playground.

5. I found this rock. Now, gee whiz, I have forgotten where. Oh well, I still have it. It's heavy and I keep wagging it around in my purse hoping to find the perfect spot to 'hide' it. Maybe the church on Sunday. 

I am joining in Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday. Why don't you join us? it's easy and fun. 

8 comments:

  1. No, it has not hit here, but I think it would be fun if it did. Maybe I should start it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen any. How do you know about the postings of your rock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the rock-leaving has reached here but I'd like to have found suitable rocks last summer so I could paint them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat story about your painted rocks. Our church gave some out for us to hide on our church's birthday a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great rock findings, and the ones you are hiding seem to be giving others some joy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painted rocks/stones do seem popular, I think they are great!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.