Saturday, November 18, 2017

Grocery Delivery


It's true, although I've lived all over the place, I am a southern girl. And, I tend to say those southern 'sayings' like "I declare" when I am surprised about something. I mean, when you have lived as long as I have, you have learned a few things along the way, got some smarts going on but just this week I found out something and yep, "I declare' came right outta my mouth.

There have been times I have been sick and couldn't go to the store so I had to yell for help..No, I didn't really YELL. You know what I mean... the cell phone, dearie. I have discovered a number of these newfangled tech thingys. I even know how to use the computer. Well, somewhat!

So, imagine my surprise and "I declare' when I found out my favorite grocery store was delivering groceries. Hot dog and hallelujah!! Now, if I am sick or it's too cold or snowy outside, I can just get on my computer and order me up some grub and I won't starve to death.



I tried it out and it works. The sweetest lady brought my bags of groceries (those she had gone all over that store and picked out for me) right to my third floor apartment and then sweetly asked, 'Where you want me to put these?" I said, "on the counter would be fine" and I am thinking, I've died and gone to heaven!! Well, I declare, what will they think of next?

10 comments:

  1. My daughter, Summer, uses this service since she’s been down with health issues for over a year now! It really is a blessing! It’s wonderful to have it come not only straight to your door but to actually land on your counter is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a funny post. Love that "hot dog and hallelujah" declaration too. I enjoy Southern charm and gentility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have "peapod" here, we have for years. i have only used it a few times as i am a fussy food shopper. BUT if i couldn't get out, i would be very grateful for the service!! i'm glad you have it - i hope you're not sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a lifesaver in some circumstances...like when I first brought Roger home from therapy....I could not leave him. Even hard to come down in the basement and do laundry, much less go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home delivery is a good thing! Unfortunately, I can't get it out here in "the sticks". My daughter is the next best thing, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My older daughter makes good use of that service too as she doesn't have a car to go do her shopping. It can be very handy I'm sure for anyone stuck in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I declare that is wonderful! About 20 years ago, I lived in Montreal in Quebec, huge city, and one of the grocery stores tried that out. Problem was, if they were out of something, the guys who put the orders together just replaced things...but didn't honour the prices. It was a mess! So far, I haven't seen any store be successful with that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!
    I live too far out in the country for delivery service, but I had a friend who used it every week. She was in an assisted living facility, and knew the owner of the local grocery that had a delivery service. If something about her order was not right, she called him up, and give him 'a piece of her mind!' Needless to say, after a couple of times, she never had to complain again.
    Actually the only problem that I think she had was that some items (bread, etc.) were too near their expiration dates.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More stores are adding helpful services. Delighted this worked out well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.