Wednesday, December 5, 2012

POLAR BEAR PULLING A SLEIGH


Have you ever seen a Polar Bear pulling a sleigh?  That's a job for reindeer, or so I thought!! But, there it was... on the porch of the Airfield 4-H Center (near Wakefield, Va.) and you know, I think it makes much more sense... Reindeer look kind of scrawny to be pulling big fat Santa and his sleigh full of toys. But... a huge Polar Bear!! I like that idea. Besides, the WHITE Polar Bear matches the Red sleigh much better than those BROWN reindeer.


This World Record Class Polar Bear was taken out from Kotzebul, Alaska by John D. Phillips in 1967. Mighty fine specimen, Mr. Phillips.

Linking to OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a big bear! I'm sure he can do the job of 8 reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a first for me. What a big fellow he is. He could pull a lot sleights. Glad you shared or I never would have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! It makes lots of sense, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photo ~ love the polar bear and sleigh ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ aka 'artmusedog' ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.