TGIF... not sure why I said that. Without a definite schedule, I don't keep up with which day is what. But, I do know that today is Random Five Friday where we participants just rattle off five things on our mind! That's a dangerous thought!! haha. Anyway, here is mine.
1. I enjoyed an outing with my Quilt Bee Friends recently. While riding along (I was a back seat 'driver') I saw this fence that I thought would work well with The Friday Fences Meme. I love the design on the top of each slat. And, it didn't hurt that there was a flowering tree casting a shadow on the fence.
2. I am more than excited that my pantry is all cleaned out.
before (on left)....... after (on right)
3. I bought a few potted plants yesterday at Lowe's. Have a lot more to buy but it's a start. I got petunias to put in my kitchen window box. I love being able to see them as I work at my counter. Here's a picture from last year. The ones I planted yesterday aren't big enough to be shot yet.
4. I spied a yellow swallowtail butterfly on my teeny azalea bush.. I ran back into the house to grab up the camera. It was worth the run.
5. I once was staging chairman for the annual Garden Club Show held at the Officer's Club at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md. It was my job to see that each entry was displayed to it's fullest potential. I loved doing it. The newspaper article below and that's me standing on the far right!