Since I participate in Random 5 Friday I put on my thinking cap to see what 5 things I would submit for today's meme.
1. I played a trombone in my high school band. I wanted to play the flute but they had too many flutes already so I took what they needed!! The Walker County High School Band got to march in the American Legion parade in Philadelphia, Pa. That was a BIG deal for a small school band from Alabama.
2. Here I am surrounded by the paperwork and manuscript of a book I wrote (and was published).
It was great to be finished!
3. I love New York City. I love walking around the streets, absorbing all the sights and sounds and making memories. That's Grand City Station behind me and my husband. I'm linking this post to A Favorite Thing and chose New York City as my Favorite thing this week.
4. I had never had a S'More before in my life until I was in my 70s. How did I miss out on this treat?
5. For years I made and decorated cakes of all shapes and sizes. Here is a wedding cake that I made for a friend's daughter.