Since I posted my trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday (and I hope you won't miss it so scroll down one post to take a look) I just couldn't let Random Five Friday go by and not join in. I hope you will check out Nancy's great meme 'cause I love it. You will, too.
1. Memorial day weekend and I am remembering a few of the fellows I knew who fought for our freedom. Like My Uncle Davis who fought in France in WWI, a friend Frank Smith who wrote me a V-Mail in WWII. There was my own sweet husband who fought in both Korea and Vietnam. We need to remember those who fought and died for our freedom.
2. I'm looking forward to going to the Smithfield Farmer's Market tomorrow. I hope to find some strawberries and other 'goodies'.
3. Even though I am home now I am still enjoying the trip to the mountains... aren't memories wonderful?
4. I watched a program about Erma Bombeck last night on tv. There wasn't but ONE Erma Bombeck and I miss her humorous take on life. I think I need to find one or more of her books to just sit and peruse.
5. As always, I conclude with a little bit about my past.. In the late 1950s, when Elbert and I lived on Midway Island, we learned to square dance. That's him in the plaid shirt (with the green ink smeared on the picture!!) and me with the flower pinned to the back of my hair. Once we were stateside we found that it was difficult to dance to a live caller... we'd learned to dance to music on a recording. So, that ended our square-dancing days.