A day late, a dollar short.... that's me!! Even though it is Sat. I still wanted to participate in Random Five. Just love this meme! Go over and take a look.
Anyway, here I go........
1. I'm glad it has quit being cold but I wasn't ready to jump from 70 to 90 just overnight!
2. I hate it when my tv quits working. This makes the 4th time I've had to have someone out to see about 'no connection to satellite' problem since I got HD last Fall. And, that doesn't count the times it went out and then came back on by itself! Something's wrong in Denmark, for sure. Or Directv!
3. I'm counting days until my son and his wife move from Nebraska to Alabama. That was where Michael grew up and his wife is from there and besides, it's closer to Va. by about 10 hours driving time.
4. I hate watching all that destruction out in Oklahoma. Those people have gone through so much and I don't know how they keep on going but they do. I pray for some calm in their lives.
5. And, the random thought of my past.
Yep, that's me riding Charlie, my daughter's horse. I never was on a horse more than twice in my entire life I don't think. This picture was taken on our farm in Alabama (after Elbert retired from the Navy). The first time I was a teenager, sort of smitten on a young man who lived not far from me. One day he rode over on his horse and offered to let me ride. My Mom and step-dad were out in the yard watching my grand introduction to horseback riding and overheard the young man say, as I jogged down our lane, 'Watch her bounce'. Last time I ever saw that guy. Oh well. I still bounce when the horse walks off with me.