Monday, November 25, 2013

A Look At My Favorite Town

Have you ever been to Smithfield, Virginia?

Just asking. It's my favorite place ever.... well, almost ever. I think I love Paris better.

Smithfield is home to the Smithfield ham, bacon, anything to do with pigs!!



But, it's much more. Let me take you on a little tour. Come along, I think you will fall in love with it, too.

It's very historic town...........

I love the quaint houses with gingerbread trim...
 
The wide porches....
 
cupolas and architectural design.....
 
Pastel colors.....
 
Tall windows, pretty shrubs, a blue sky.
 
Beautiful gardens
 
and much, much more. So stay tuned.... I'll do another post one of these days on Smithfield. And, come see us.... Bet you fall in love with it, too!!
 

10 comments:

  1. I'll write this in my places to visit part of my journal. I've never been there but I love quaint towns like this. You took wonderful photos. I always forget to take them at an angle from below...but I like the effect! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does sound like a beautiful spot. Nice set of photos. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty town! I like any food with the name Smithfield on it!

    I received my package from your 'give-away' today! It's so neat and I thank you so very much!

    Check out my blog for a post about my win.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smithfield looks adorable. I do love their fancy pig, like those cows one sees all over the world. Beautiful and well kept homes I'd love to see more...interesting history and so very cool that they have kept the old places occupied and well looked after. Yeah to Smithfield!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnifique publication! et très belles photos!

    Very nice post! nice work.
    Thanks & Welcome for your comment and your next visit to my blogs.
    Have a nice day! Cath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those Victorian houses and that pig! it's really something. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the architectural detail on these homes, Thanks for showing us this lovely town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I could have sworn I left a comment on this post, suggesting that you & I get together sometime when you're in Smithfield...

    Anyway, that would be fun. We could meet at the Bakery; I'm just a few minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Smithfield! Nice post of houses! Was disappointed you didn't post a pic of the courthouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful homes. I can see why you love this town. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.