Friday, December 20, 2013
Five Random Things about Christmas
I am so delighted to see Nancy has her Random Five Friday up and running again. Click HERE to check it all out.
1. I have been slower than a turtle traveling through mud about getting ready for Christmas this year. Perhaps it was because the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was so short or maybe it was because I was sick Thanksgiving and continued to be sick for nearly two weeks after. That surely did shorten my Christmas season!!
2. For the past several years I have had a table topper tree in my sunroom. My decorations are stored upstairs and it is getting harder and harder for me to haul stuff up and down those steps so this year I left off the ornaments and just used red bows. And, hey, the bows can remain in place until next year!!
3. I love using gold throughout my house for Christmas. These three gold wire trees have graced one end of my hall table for years.
4. One afternoon I was feeling rather 'non-Christmasy' and not in the holiday mood so my daughter and grandson grabbed me up. We had a steak dinner out and went driving through the Celebration of Lights at the Newport News Park. It's hard to capture blinking lights with my 'automatic' camera but here is one shot I took. That should make anyone feel the spirit!
5. I am busy getting the house ready for company. My daughter Susan, her husband and their three sons will be arriving the day after Christmas. I am so excited.
I wish each and every one of you a very blessed Christmas.