1. A Tennessee barn quilt. I managed to get a fleeting shot from the car. And, I found an early photo of the same barn on the internet. You can see the painted quilts on many barns in Tennessee. This one is on Paul Coates farm and is patterned after an actual quilt made by Mr. Coates mother-in-law, who grew up on the farm.
2. These were the largest and most tasty peaches I'd ever seen. We found them at Isom's Orchard in north Alabama.
3. The Space Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Impressive sight.
4. Have you ever seen a barn with SEE ROCK CITY painted on it's roof? Don't see them anymore but I did see this birdhouse built like a barn advertising Rock City from it's roof. Oh, and by the way, love the Bama Elephant on the front!! It's nearly football season. I can't wait!
FIY: From 1935 until 1969 a man by the name of Clark Byers painted over 900 barn roofs in 19 states with the SEE ROCK CITY advertisement on them.
5. Last week I proudly announced that I had made all the final corrections on my book 'Springtime In Magnolia' so that the manuscript would go in for publication. WELL.... In the process of preparing to load my edited manuscript onto the Createspace website I discover that the corrections have to be done on a format they provide online. So, today I start doing all those corrections AGAIN...where they said I had to do it. Maybe I will get it right this time. If it's not one thing, it's another!