Thursday, July 30, 2015

New Finds and Trips to Take

It's time for two of my favorite memes. Willy Nilly and Five On Friday. Tanya at Willy Nilly is not available this week but she should be back next Friday so look for her then. Also I'd like to join in this week at Orange You Glad It's Friday

1. Late this afternoon I went out on the balcony to water my pepper plant. And, there were the geese. I had not seen them since early spring. I counted them.... 11 in all. I was so excited to see them but they swam a few minutes, came on land to nibble in the grass and were gone. They'll be back, I just don't know when.

2. After 2 weeks of having some pain under my shoulder blade in back, the pain moved around to my front. Okay, what was going on? So, I made a trip to see my doctor. It was shingles. And, I had the shingles shot, too. This is not fun.

3. I am counting the days until I go to New York to see my youngest daughter and her family. We had so much planned. Wonder how much the shingles will hamper my sightseeing and visiting. She said we could go to Whole Foods. I don't live near one in Va. This is a picture of oranges I took when I was up there before. Don't they look like healthy eating? 

4. And these are some of her beautiful roses.

5. I was very interested to hear that there has been a new discovery at Jamestown. Seems that the Catholics weren't welcome in that English settlement but they found a grave with a tiny silver box which had been sitting on top of a casket. Inside was some fragments of human bones and some holy water. If you want to read more about this important historical find click HERE.
                                                                                                                   

18 comments:

  1. I do hope you have a short lived issue with shingles and can enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope that the vaccine and getting to the doc quickly will make the shingles a thing of the past very soon. Not good timing, but am praying that you will have a great visit with your daughter and her family. She has beautiful roses...what an amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch!! A friend of mine also came down with shingles, notwithstanding having the shot. I guess the symptoms would have been much worse without it... speedy recovery and bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you recover very quickly and are able to enjoy your visit to your daughter and her family. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love the geese shot and the oranges look delicious! Gorgeous roses! I hope you recover quickly from the shingles, sounds painful. Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear shingles are horrible, hope you will feel well soon. How fascinating about the Jamestown discovery, I remember reading a book, many years ago now so I can't remember the author, about its early history. Hope you have a good weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw... so sorry to read you have shingles, hope it is less painful and that you will be fully recovered soon Those oranges look delicious, they are my favourite fruit. And what a pretty colour the roses are, so delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your trip to New York is enjoyable, if you do go to Wholefoods I'd love to see some pictures. I just love admiring fresh vegetables and produce. I also hope that you feel better and that the shingles don't spoil time for you with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the shingles, I hope that you will be much better soon and can still enjoy visiting your daughter. The oranges look very healthy! no idea if they will help the shingles, but it would have to be worth a go wouldn't it!! Love the beautiful roses too! Thank you so much as always for joining in. Remember there will be no fiving in August, but back in September! Hope that you have a great weekend and a great August too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you have shingles they are very painful. Love the photo of the roses. Have a great time with your daughter. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to a quick recovery!....fascinating article on Jamestown...love the photos, especially the framed roses♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/hosta-host/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Five! I saw the Jamestowne find on the news, saw them interview Kelso. It's pretty fascinating! Those roses are GORGEOUS! Hope you have a great visit, and the shingles don't bother you too much. So when did you have that shingles vaccination? Recently???? Just wondering. Also, glad you saw the geese again! Nice shot from the balcony!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes- shingles! Those are terrible! I hope you are back to normal ASAP! I am heading next to read about Jamestown. I love a good history story! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...I'm sorry to hear you have the shingles! I will pray for you tonight that they will clear up quickly. And to think you had the shot too. I hope you have a great time with your daughter and her family! Those oranges are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about you getting shingles. I was going to get the vaccine as a safeguard. I do hope you get better soon. We have a Whole Foods in Laguna Niguel not far from my home. It's a fun store to visit for sure. Have a wonderful weekend and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Latane, I'm so sorry to hear you have the shingles. We have Whole Foods in England too, I know of at least 3 stores in Clapham and Brighton and one in London - great stores! Love the pictures of the geese. I hope you will be well enough to visit your daughter and her family. Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining OYGIF. Your photo will be featured this weekend. Hope you could drop by.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.