Saturday, June 11, 2016

birds


I love to watch the waterfowl that frequent the pond across from my apartment. I am up pretty high so it gives me an advantage point that I am very thankful for. I've seen the osprey, heron, several kinds of ducks and geese. But, this week I had a new visitor that was NEW to me.... Just look at this beauty.


Yep, you guessed it. A Green Heron. I had no idea until I posted it on facebook and people started telling me what it was. Doesn't look 'green' to me!! 

I am linking with I'd Rather B Birdin' today. 

And, on another note.... my daughter (she's the only one that lives close to me) and I enjoy each others company. She suggested we have lunch ever so often at a restaurant (no chains) and then blog about it. This is a link to our first post. I hope you will check it out and that you will bookmark it so you can visit us time and again. Thanks!!

Out To Lunch... with a side of laughter 

7 comments:

  1. I hope the lunch blog will be a success. Sounds like a fun way to record being together and bonding!!

    One of my favorite birds, the green heron is! And such a fantastic photo. Lucky you to have the exotics like this just outside your door...so to speak!!

    Thanks for sharing at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week!! Your participation is always very much appreciated. See you next week I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen this bird, how colorful, but only
    if you can see him up close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh how exciting!!! we have them here but i rarely see them!!! you captured a beautiful image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo of the Green Heron. Good luck with your new blog. I shall be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo of the Green Heron. Good luck with your new blog. I shall be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty bird! I've never seen a Green Heron before.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.