Tuesday, October 4, 2016

An Old Building

The other day the senior group from church took a bus tour around the town we live in, Suffolk, Virginia. 

When we drove by this old building, I immediately thought of my friend, Tom, at Treasures. How perfect would that be to have to share with his treasure posters on his meme. So, by golly gumdrop, here it is....



 a little closer up.


I am thinking that it was a warehouse of some sort, sitting by the railroad like that. The tour was very interesting. I learned a lot about the history of Suffolk. Since I am a fairly new resident, it was important, to me anyway, to know more about where I live.




10 comments:

  1. golly gumdrop? Latane, you must have a language of your own! You were correct to think of me, this is the kind of stuff that perks my attention. Thanks for making Tuesday's Treasures a part of your week. How about another visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bus tour seems like the perfect way to get to know your surroundings. A great old building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. What a neat way to learn about your town.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Suffolk tour really brought back some memories for me of when I worked at the Visitor Center and was learning about Suffolk so I could assist visitors to the center with information, and answer the phones with the same. I actually was going to give some of those bus tours eventually....if I had stayed with the Visitor center instead of changing to the job at the Train Station. I love Suffolk...always have. I would have been so happy to have found a permanent home there if things had all gone differently. I found my notebook of Suffolk info one day when I was packing and I couldn't resist keeping it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it was a warehouse. Great textures on that building.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that it was a warehouse. Great textures on that building.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bus tour of your city is a great way to see it from a different perspective - and to learn more about where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great old building along the railroad! Glad you enjoyed the bus tour! We can all learn something new, even about places we thought we knew.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it does look like a warehouse. We often see old warehouses next to a railroad, usually rather dilapidated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old buildings like that one! To me they are mysteries to be solved.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.