The calendar says it's Friday... so I guess it is. This week has gone by in a blur. But, here are my Friday Fives.
1. Losing someone you love is such a difficult thing to do. I said goodbye to my companion of 5 1/2 years on Monday. But, I have the promise that each day will get better. I do have all those wonderful memories to sustain me.
2. Wednesday I came down with vertigo. That threw me for a loop and is still making me a wee bit groggy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone... ever.
3. His family asked me what I wanted as a keepsake... I chose the 'commitment' ring I gave him. It was a signet ring (his choice). He had given me my birthstone for the same commitment.
and a small statue of John Wayne. He did love watching John Wayne movies and had probably seen every single one John ever made... more than once. So that would remind me of him. It's sitting on my tv stand.
4. We discovered that he had saved every greeting card I had ever given him! There was quite a stack of them. Later, when the hurt has lessened, it will be great to look at them and read all the sentiments.
5. It's rainy looking today. And, my head still feels 'groggy' from being sick but I must get up and get moving. I have company coming in a couple days. That should lift my spirits.
You all have a wonderful weekend.