Sunday, September 24, 2017

Last Rose of Summer



'Tis the last rose of summer,
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone;
No flower of her kindred,
No rosebud is nigh,
To reflect back her blushes,
Or give sigh for sigh.
I'll not leave thee, thou lone one!
To pine on the stem;
Since the lovely are sleeping,
Go, sleep thou with them.
Thus kindly I scatter,
Thy leaves o'er the bed,
Where thy mates of the garden
Lie scentless and dead.
So soon may I follow,
When friendships decay,
And from Love's shining circle
The gems drop away.
When true hearts lie withered,
And fond ones are flown,
Oh! who would inhabit
This bleak world alone?

by Thomas Moore

4 comments:

  1. Lovely....summer is giving us her last warm temps this week, even though it is officially fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rose. I think summer is going to stick around for a few more weeks. We're going to be in the 90s next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful share, Mom! I love the photo AND Thomas Moore's poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. summer is giving us her last warm temps this week, even though it is officially fall.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.