Monday, October 23, 2017

Painted Rock Craze

I am always slow catching on to the newest fad but I think I do pretty well, at my age, when I do catch on. I am usually willing to give it a try.

It all started when my son found that painted rock when he was swinging me in that big ole swing at Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama. There the thing lay waiting to be found! 


So, it came back home with me to Virginia. Then I found another one at Chic-fil-a, just lying there on the window sill waiting for me to pick it up.

So, I hid them. And, I was thinking that maybe I might paint some of my own to hide.

When Lowe's sponsored a rock painting class last Saturday I was there with bells on. We had a blast! There were painters of all ages, a DJ playing rock music, the Chic-fil-a cow prancing around, firemen looking handsome on the sidelines. It was so fun.



I came home with seven rocks that I had painted and they let us take some that weren't painted so we could do them at home. 

This morning I took them out on the balcony and sprayed them with a fixative and then I will hide them. 

It seems that the rock painting craze has taken over the country. I love it. We are actually doing kind deeds for others, instead of bashing each other. 

Have you ever found a painted rock?

Have you ever painted one? 

It's fun

You ought to try it. 

On Wednesday I will connect to My Town Shootout

13 comments:

  1. I like the car! Now that takes imagination to match scene to rock. No, I have never found one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve painted many a rock but did not understand this recent rock painting craze until you explained it. So you just hide them so others can find them! I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have painted lots of them and really enjoyed the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a large "Ladybug rock" that I picked up years ago. I didn't realize people painted them and left them to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've painted rocks on vacation and at the last two family reunions. We take them home but don't hide them. I think granddaughter has found some up in NH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found a couple of painted rocks and did rehide them. I haven't painted any though....might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote a post a week ago about some I found on a road trip.
    http://junkboattravels.blogspot.ca/2017/10/good-random-fun_15.html

    I also found a couple here in Toronto recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like your Autumnal header pictures Latane.

    Rock painting is amazing isn't it. My daughter-in-law loves doing it and even the grandchildren have done some too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the rocks you painted. It's the craze here in SE Kansas too though so far I haven't joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that does sound like fun!
    I have some smooth gray rocks that I used to accent one of my potted plants several years ago. They are still here somewhere. I have never painted anything, but surely I could do a few simple designs.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so pretty and what a fun tradition. I loved your header shot Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed this post somehow! What a cool share, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun. You painted some really cute rocks.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.