Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Christmas Wreath Laying

The tradition of placing Christmas wreaths on graves of our fallen military is a very moving event. I attended the placement the first year after my husband passed away in 2011. Since then I have waited until the crowds thin out and I can have my moments of peace to visit with my loved ones.

On the road to the cemetery I pass this beautiful, peaceful lake. It gives me such a sense of God's presence, of His being in control.


I am joining with Mersad's My Town Shootout.

6 comments:

  1. Knowing that God is in control is the most peaceful feeling of all. My aunt visited Arlington this week and sent me a photo of herself standing with one hand resting on my uncle’s headstone. I love that the wreaths are placed each year now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you best wishes for a blessed Christmas and a healthy happy New Year Latane.
    Hugs - Mary

    P.S. Please tell Marie I send her good wishes too - I cannot comment on her blog! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post ...
    Sending my good wishes to you this Christmastime ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tradition! Ours are buried under 20 cm of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tribute to your husband and other Veterans ~

    Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to you,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a truly special place, Mom, and so beautiful there. I love the Wreath Laying...it means so much to those of us who loved a fallen military member and wish we could still have our Christmases with them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.