Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Firemen When You Need Them

                             It's 15 degrees outside and the dang fire alarm goes off. 

             I am not talking about the sound your smoke alarm makes in your house. 

This is devastatingly LOUD. It sounds in every apartment and in every passageway. 

         I bet it's gone off at least a dozen times since I moved in nearly four years ago. 

                                       No, we aren't having fires. 

The alarm sounds when there is a malfunction in the sprinkler system. Why noone has ever figured out how to fix it, is beyond me!! 

Anyway, it's cold and I am watching Wheel of Fortune. I walk to the door, stick my head out. There's noone yelling, noone scurrying about. Yep, false alarm once again. 

          So, I go back in, cram some ear plugs into my ears, and sit down to finish watching my show. 

                      Finally the firemen arrive. They know how to shut off the alarm!! 



I am so thankful for FIREMEN. Even if we don't have a fire, they come to our rescue. 

I got to thinking.... the residents here have gotten so accustomed to hearing that alarm so that if we had a real fire we would probably just ignore it.

And, we would all be a huge pile of french fries!!

Linking with My Town Shootout

8 comments:

  1. Boy they need to get that thing fixed! Yes, it could cause a disaster down the road. So thankful for fire-fighters! I have so much respect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't always hear the alarms that go off, only the announcement that the alarm has been identified and the systems are okay. We are told in case of a fire we are to stay in our apartments. Firemen will come to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad there was no fire! Looks like there is ice on the pond. Our temps actually got above freezing today, so we are thawing out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is all right! Could be scary in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a real danger in fire alarms that go off for other reasons than a fire. I hope the sprinkler people fix whatever the problem is before there's a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last statement is exactly why someone needs to figure out how to fix it! I am glad that it was a false alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit disconcerting I'm sure. A big thank you to all firemen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it wasn't anything bad! Stay warm and safe, Latane! Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.