Saturday, February 10, 2018

Mean Old Grouse

Years ago...

Back in 1991, or was it 1990. Strange I can't ever remember which year my youngest daughter got married but anyway, it was awhile ago. 

The family drove up to Vermont (from Alabama and other points) to attend the wedding. The groom had a ski house and we were invited to stay there for the festivities. 

Well, we drive up to the house, get out of the car and suddenly here comes this grouse raising all kinds of ruckus. There must have been a nest nearby but we really thought she assumed that house was hers and we were NOT going inside. 

There were some scary moments but we finally convinced that bird that YES, we were there to stay. 

What a memory! 

Linking with Saturday Critters and Camera Critters

7 comments:

  1. Funny!
    We have rain in the forecast for several days here. Hope your weather is sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the birds can make a ruckus if you are close to their nest. Awesome photo of the grouse. Thanks so much for linking up your post and for your all past visits and comments. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are noisy and can really scare you when they fly while you're deep in the woods. We saw them a lot in the mts of NC! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds can be very scary when they are protecting their area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the laugh. It reminded me of the time my oldest brother went me into some under brush to try and flush out deer. He had told me to be careful as there might be bears around. Just as I got into the brush I heard this really weird noise and went running out screaming thinking it was a bear after me. He laughed and laughed because it was just some Grouse raising a ruckus.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.