Friday, February 2, 2018

What Did The Groundhog See Today?


Today is Groundhog Day!! I don't care what the silly groundhog in Pa. predicts, I just want some warmer weather. Been cooped up in the apartment too much lately. 



                                                                              

Not being able to get out much keeping me busy at my art table. I finally had to clean it off so I could have some room to work. Daughter Marie and I have a blog where we display what we've been painting. I hope you'll go over to HERE and take a look.





On these cold mornings I have been enjoying a 'spot of tea', you might say. I just discovered Pomegrante Green Tea! Oh my. So good. I bought this little cup at an antique shop in Richmond, Virginia following my last chemo treatment (2002). Every time I look at it, I think to myself    
                                                                                                                "I Did It" 





4. For those of you who missed it.... I have started an art journal. I needed a project for the long, lonely hours on a Sunday afternoon. This is keeping me busy. And, it's fun. And, creative. 

                                                      

5. And, in my last post (see below) I put out a letter writing challenge. I so miss getting real mail and almost no one emails me anymore. I get TEXT and PMs on FB and they just seem so impersonal.  If you would like to join in just keep track of how many letters (cards will count if a note is written) you do for the month of February and on Feb. 28th we'll all share our activity on my post for that day!! 

Have a happy Ground hog Day and come on over to Five On Friday to see what all the participants have been up to. 

7 comments:

  1. Hello!
    The groundhog at the zoo in Tupelo refused to come out of his burrow this morning! Too cold! It is sunny today, so if they can coax him out - his name is Jefferson - he will definitely see his shadow.
    I have no artistic talent at all, but I enjoy seeing what you and Marie are painting.
    I fill my Sunday afternoons playing dominoes with some cousins, but we missed last Sunday because of the flu (the two that live together). They are lots better now, so hopefully we will get to play this Sunday.
    Hope you have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Latane, I think that's such a pretty cup and saucer - the tea sounds wonderful too! A very good reason to celebrate as well.

    It is nice to receive a letter or a card. I like to still send cards that I've made, mostly for family as I'm slowing down a bit :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty tea cup! Congrats on all your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Five Mom! Love that the tea reminds you of your successful cancer battle! That was sixteen years ago! The reason I always remember is because we brought baby Cane to see you. Now he's lying in there on my couch, covering it from end to end! :-) Happy you did a link to the Art Blog! I love your journal and can't wait to see the next pages! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote one yesterday, to go with a gift I sent my kind on the other side of Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed seeing yours and your daughter's paintings. I like your style a lot. I like to drink my tea from a teacup on occasion, too, and I have a couple of special ones. Their are delicate China and for some reason, the tea tastes different than in a mug. I'm sure it's all in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Latane, I think that's such a pretty cup and saucer - the tea sounds wonderful too! A very good reason to celebrate as well.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.