Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Hunting Toads

                        There's nothing much sweeter than when two great-grandsons come to visit!! 

It was a very pleasant afternoon, a stiff breeze blowing. Guess you can tell from the way it was ruffling my hair!! That wind didn't bother the boys hair one bit!


                            I played second-fiddle to some tiny toads hopping about in the grass! 




    Those boys had a blast, running, yelling, turning over things to search for the 'little hoppy toads'. 




And, they'd run back to where their grandmother and I were sitting so they could put them in a drink cup. Poor little toads!

                                         The largest one (the toad, not the boy) got pretty smart.




 He hopped up so high he grabbed hold of the hole in the cup lid and out he came. We adults were silently cheering him on! But, when he leaped out of the cup and landed on the bench next to me, I wasn't so sure I didn't want him back in that cup!




The boys played and played ... til finally it was time for them to leave. Aw, sad to see them go. Wish I had a tiny portion of their energy. Maybe I once did...

linking with Thankful Thursday and Little Things.

20 comments:

  1. Adorable grand sons. Great picture of you three. The toads are out in full swing aren't they? I am ready to post about my grand girls frog that was caught today.
    You are so right about the energy. Gosh I wish I had it. So glad the young ones do and having a time with nature.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable grand sons. Great picture of you three. The toads are out in full swing aren't they? I am ready to post about my grand girls frog that was caught today.
    You are so right about the energy. Gosh I wish I had it. So glad the young ones do and having a time with nature.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! I'm so glad they came to visit you. Looks like they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time those boys must have had catching toads today! Ssomeday they will look back on this day with great thoughts of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great day all around! You have such handsome great-grandsons. I hope the toads got to go home after the boys were done playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Handsome boys!
    I will post a toad photo for Saturday's Critters this week, but yours beats mine all the way.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one particularly clever and determined amphibian! I'm sure that was a sight to see!

    Visting from Little Things Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean...they are so full of energy! Of course when they finally stop they crash. Love the frog pics. I would have had fun chasing them too! Enjoy your afternoon. I am SO in love with your banner my friend. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make my banners on PicMonkey. It's a fun thing to do. Thanks for your kind words and your visit.

      Delete
  9. Hello, your grandsons are adorable. I like the toad too. I am glad you have a nice visit. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun with your grandsons, there is nothing like it. Nice pics of the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great photo of you with your great-grandsons! Cute toad, too! lol Thanks for linking up today. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a GREAT pictures of you with the boys, they are adorable!!! looks like a super fun day for the boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pictures of you and your adorable grandsons. I really like the picture of the toad busting out of the cup. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. While you were sad to see the great grandsons leave, Latane, the toads might not have been so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the great escape by the toad.

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely picture of you and your grandsons.
    In fact I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun with the greats! I see that they think you’re great, too. Lovely smiles and interconnectedness in your photo together.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.