Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Button Quail

Okay.... my daughter, Marie, over at A Colorful World has got me beat taking osprey pictures. So proud of those latest shots of hers. Let's see what pictures I have taken that I can use in Wild Bird Wednesday

How many of you have seen Button Quail? I never had... until my son took us to the Purdy Butterfly House in Huntsville, Alabama. They are normally found in Asia, Africa or Australia. 

I love it.... most female birds are drab, the males colorful but with these button quail it's right the opposite. Good for the gals, but then there may be a reason for the fancy duds she wears. While Dad is busy sitting on the eggs and tending to the newly hatched chicks, Miss Priss (the new mama) is out partying, looking for someone else to 'get it on' with. 



I am curious about why they are in the butterfly house. Since they eat insects I would think that the butterflies would be in danger but I guess not. Maybe the butterflies are too large since the quail are so small. 



So happy we got to see them. They are cute little critters, aren't they? 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, they are cute!
    I have got to get over to Huntsville soon
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to see butterflies. My daughter usually takes me to the one near her...but so far not this year. I love the tiny quails. So cute. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love these wonderful little quail! Such interesting birds, and a great share, Mom! Nice shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes those button quail are as cute as dare I say it...a button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting life style! My daughter had some button quail. Sweet birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting little bird. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.