Thursday, July 12, 2018

Delivery Right To My Door

Just the other day I went down to the common room (our gathering place here at The Commons) to participate in a tasting. You say food and people come. We had a rep. from Neighborhood Harvest serving us salad stuff and giving a little talk.

Neighborhood Harvest is a hydroponic Farm right here in Suffolk, where I live. The first and last time I saw veggies being grown hydroponically was at Walt Disney World, back in 1976. Since I hadn't seen anything about it since, I figured the method had come in with a bang, and went out like a deflated balloon. Just goes to show you what I know!

I love the idea of having such fresh, gmo-free, organic food to eat. I'd buy lettuce at the store. There's just one of me... and before long I was tossing that dried up, brown mess into the garbage. And, then there was the threat of getting sick. Lettuce was the latest thing to get recalled. I 'borrowed these images from their website. I sure hope they don't mind. 



They have eggs (free range), milk in glass bottles and bread baked by Baker's Crust. YUM. I had a piece of bread, spread with the best goat cheese and drizzled with honey. OH, YES! 




And, guess what... they deliver right to your door, the day after it's harvested. And, they promise that lettuce will last two weeks in your fridge. Now, that got my attention!! 

I am so thankful for this service. I may just get healthier!! That would be a PLUS for sure. 

Joining with Thankful Thursday and Little Things

9 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful and I would take advantage of that, if I could! I visit an Amish gentleman but he hasn't had any eggs this summer :( Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! You were telling me about it of course on our video! Looks like such a fresh, healthy alternative. Boy, I love that they deliver as well! I buy farm eggs from a neighbor, by the way. And she delivers also. But I haven't had anything else delivered. Just love going to the Farmer's Market. Love it when healthy, non-GMO alternatives, organically grown, are available to people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good deal. Be sure to keep us posted on how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find we are buying more than we can eat. Nice to have it delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty cool...I know the fresher our foods, the better it is for us. I have trouble with lettuce, too. I love it but it ruins before I can eat it all....and the salad stuff in plastic bags makes me nervous.
    Hope you are doing good. Still have the gentleman friend ? Hope you are enjoying life...I am trying hard to but I miss Bill so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and it's good for everybody! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.