Friday, October 26, 2018

Fallish Five

The air is definately cooler. I got up this morning... and I crawled right back into bed. Haven't turned my heat on and that bed was soooooo warm. I did me some snuggling with my covers. 

It's time for Tom's Willy Nilly Friday Five

1. A pizza party. Sure, sounds like fun. But, we residents did not know that it was birthday girl, Susan G., who was hosting herself a party. We got treated to pizza and cake. We played games and won prizes. That's my friend, Susan in the blue pants below. Our friend, Nina, is helping her hold her cake. 


2. On a trip to Alabama the 11th of Sept, we passed this huge field of tobacco. You just don't see as much tobacco growing these days so this was a thrill. 


3. And, as I returned a month later I took this picture of the tobacco after it was harvested and out drying in the field. 


4. I posted a pinterest photo of a fall decorated lantern and wondered if maybe I shouldn't fix up my lantern similar. Here is my rendition. 


5. and this little collection of fall leaves and such is in vase that once belonged to my Aunt Lena. It sits on a fern stand in my living room now. 

7 comments:

  1. The vase arrangement and the fall-decorated lantern are both very pretty!
    Congratulations to the birthday girl!
    We don't see tobacco growing here, so those photos were especially interesting to me.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both fall arrangements! And that tobacco field is so cool! What a great pizza party! I've never heard of the birthday girl treating herself but how wonderful for everyone including her! Looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A warm post with your friends and fall decos. (not to mention snuggling under the covers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that your friend hosted a party for everyone. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend sounds like such a fun person hosting her own birthday party. I made a little flower similar to your last one (love the lantern btw) only I stuck a white pumpkin in. My sister-in-law wondered why I had put an onion in her flower arrangement. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snippets of Fall - including your dear friends. Who knew tobacco fields were so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely community for a party!
    Lovely fall decor!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.