Thursday, January 17, 2019

Last Day of My Birthday Celebration

                                                 My Birthday - Installment 4

The day was slipping away. We'd done the carriage ride already. At 3 we went for tea. I guess I expected an English style afternoon tea, which it was not, so that was a disappointment. The room where it was held was cold so we grabbed up our cups of tea and cookies and found us a roaring fire to enjoy it by.


My birthday dinner was supposed to be in the main dining room but 'best laid plans of mine and men' sort of thing happened. The dining room was closed. So, back to the Jefferson room to celebrate.


I had the BEST roast chicken ever! and the mashed potatoes... well, they were the best, too. The Homestead has one heck of a great chef. I pretty much cleared my plate!


 And, then this yummy whatever it was... I think mousse covered in chocolate with, gee was that whipped cream or ice cream. I can't remember. and those edible gold beads and wafers imprinted with Happy Birthday. This is quite a celebration. 



To bed, but not to sleep. We just don't want to sleep when we can be having fun so we stay up late doing the snapchat thing again. And, laughing our fool heads off.

Monday.... we head home. We are all packed and wait on the porch for the car to be brought around.


One last hurrah!
We did it!



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Birthday time. The pictures are so good....your cake looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Lovely food! That looks like ice cream with your birthday cake.
    Beautiful fireplace, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading all the posts about your birthday celebration, Latane. You and your daughters sure had a fun time. Your birthday treat looked sooo good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday! Hope that you all have plans for another adventure one day soon...maybe not a three-day one, but something really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That certainly was one celebration, what an amazing place to go creating some wonderful memories for you all to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun! I really enjoyed your birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The entree looked delicious, the dessert to die for...and the company the best of all. Happy Birthday. 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures! It definitely made me drool. The dishes look yum here. I was just looking for a nice event space online because my sister is going to turn 16 this year and I want to throw a good party for her. I have invited all her friends and I will try my best to make her day a really special one.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.