Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Slips of Paper

                             Since I live alone I don't answer to anyone!

   Plain and simple.... so I can get away with being lazy if I want to. 

  I do what has to be done, but there are those little things that I say                      
                            "maybe tomorrow, next week, next year". 

                                         Those things start to count up! 

So, at the beginning of this year I wrote down a bunch of ideas/chores on slips of paper. Folded them up... stuck them in a jar. 




                              And, every morning I draw one out.

Some say things like "Smile all day". I must have looked like a Cheshire Cat that day, here all by myself. But, it made me happy.

                          Some say "call a friend" or "write a letter". 

                                             You get the picture.

Then there are the ones that remind me of what I have put off for ages. Chores that I let slide by.

                     Today I drew out "clean the oven". OH JOY. 



But, won't I be proud of myself tonight when I see that sparkling clean oven. 

          A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do .... to get things done!

11 comments:

  1. Great idea LaTane! Hope you got the oven cleaning done 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good woman for cleaning that oven! I always dislike that chore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to get those yucky things done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! And I like that you include fun things, too. So did you really clean the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope there are more fun things than messy jobs in that jar!
    I read something interesting the other day. People who take at least one photo a day are happier than people who use a camera only on special occasions. The reason for more happiness is that photographers take time to really look at things and seek out images that are interesting to them. It seems that it release those brain chemicals, endorphins, that contribute to our feelings of pleasure.
    So keep on taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is brilliant. We've had so much snow that that's taken up our energy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to get those chores done. What if its a real mess that you've put off and never end up picking it out of the jar? I bet you'd end up cleaning it up without relying on the slip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun and such a great way to get some of those boring jobs done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, I like it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good idea, Latane, and I liked that you intersparsed fun and work things in the jar. Thank goodness we now have a self-cleaning oven and all I need to do is set it every few weeks, and only have to clean off the glass when it's down with the self-clean cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea! Glad it is working well for you!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.