Monday, December 19, 2011

'P' erhaps it's ABC Monday

I kid you not... that's me, that little skinny me holding baby Susan, my aunt who made the long trip with us, Shirley and Michael (Marie was making the picture). We are at the Painted Desert in 1964.

A Parade in our town of Wakefield.

This picture needs an explanation. My son-in-law had made me a wooden cutting board. It looked too much like a paddle so my fun-loving husband decided to give me a teeny weeny whack on the bottom with the board.

This Peach shaped water tower is in the town of Gaffney, South Carolina.

Love those Peanuts!! These are fresh out of the ground. Peanuts is big-business around here.

Our tour guide had us out on a Peat bog in Ireland. That stuff is spongy so we jumped up and down on it. Peat is used for firewood in the Emerald Isle.

A Pedicure is oh, so relaxing... and you feel so Pampered.

My sweet husband picking Persimmons down on our farm in Alabama. If they are not ripe enough they will make your mouth Pucker.

One summer our daughter took us to Nantucket. What an adventure. We had a Picnic out on the beach. It was a bit chilly but we had a blast, driving through the sand, sharing good times and good food with family.

A picture of my hall table with a beautiful Poinsetta. What's Christmas without a Poinsetta?

Four Presidents...carved in stone
Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota

Pumpkins, lots and lots of pumpkins, at a favorite market on Rt. 17 in Va.

8 comments:

  1. Love your P's Latane! Especially the cutting board...Hahaaaa
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Latane, what a collection of family photos. I burn peat (turf) here at home, incidently if it was 'springy'its not good turf as it will burn too quickly!The light springy turf is from the top of the bog and as it is cut down lower in the bank it is black and wetter and dries to a hard black 'sod'much better for throwing out heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun "Ps" Lantane...I so enjoy looking at old photos! The poinsettia is perfectly beautiful on the table in your hall! You're right about persimmons they'll pucker your mouth right up if they're not ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post - looks like you guys enjoy a good time no matter where!

    Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas - may love and peace be with you and your family.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many wonderful 'P' memories and pictures. Thank you for sharing :)

    Wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good with the "P's". Love family pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all of your P-p-p-pictures!
    What fun! Beautiful Poiensettia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this P post! P for post, incidentally! :-) This was one of the best ones yet. I am so behind...trying to get caught up! Oh, Peggy, thanks for the info on the turf (peat)! I didn't know that you had to dig down where it wasn't springy. Mom & I felt like we were standing on jello that day along with the other members of our tour.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.