It's Friday... time for Random Five Friday meme, a time for us to share five things about ourselves, past, present or even future.
1. I sure do love my Southern sweet iced tea. Yes, I know that much sugar isn't good for me but still.......A Southern gal's gotta do what a southern gal's gotta do!!
2. My friend, Leslie, has a new remote control trainer plane to put together and I may get to help. I know nothing about remote planes and the thought of maybe flying it one day scares the beegeebees out of me but I'd try if I got a chance. If it crashes I can always buy him another kit!! Then we'd have fun putting a new one together.
3. I'm printing off the manuscript to the novel I have been working on for the past umpteen years!! Writing a book is hard work.
4. How nice it is to sit in my swing on the patio and feel the breeze, watch my flowers grow, see the birds feed, and just feel at peace with myself and the world.
5. In the 1980s I started a MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Drivers) chapter in my county in Alabama. This was after my daughter, Susan, was hit by a drunk driver. I sat in court monitoring DUI cases, worked for new legislation, served on the state board, comforted grieving parents and below, I am introducing the Alabama Attorney General who came to speak at our banquet.