It's Random Five Friday time. I do love this meme. I hope you will hop over and join in.
First of all, let me say that I appreciate so much the well wishes this week. My ear ache is about gone now but it was very trying there for a couple, three days.
Now, on to the Random stuff in my life.
1. I love it when my big ole magnolia tree blooms. The flowers are so fragrant that it scents up the whole back yard.
2. I just finished reading a really good book, 'When I Married My Mother'. I know, that's a strange title! It's about a daughter who had little to do with her Mother all her life, until Mom got dementia so daughter left her job in NYC to move to NC to take care of her. A lot of discovery in that book and a lot of humor!
3. Don't you just love strawberries? The season will soon be over where I live but I have enjoyed them thus far. I tried them with sugar and orange juice poured over the berries. YUM!
4. I am smelling mighty fine these days. Got a Mother's Day present from my oldest daughter which was much appreciated. You see, Elbert brought me my first bottle of Femme perfume when he came home years and years ago from a Navy Carribean cruise. I loved it and just wearing it brings back so many memories. Thanks, Marie.
5. And, of course, the random thing from my past. When planning a trip to Ireland in '96 I read about the jaunting carts that you could ride in and I wanted to do that. Luckily it was part of my and Marie's tour package. The driver was VERY Irish and we loved his rambling tales that he told as we jaunted through the countryside.