Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Random Friday

It's Random Five Friday time. I do love this meme. I hope you will hop over and join in.

First of all, let me say that I appreciate so much the well wishes this week. My ear ache is about gone now but it was very trying there for a couple, three days.

Now, on to the Random stuff in my life.

1. I love it when my big ole magnolia tree blooms. The flowers are so fragrant that it scents up the whole back yard.

2. I just finished reading a really good book, 'When I Married My Mother'. I know, that's a strange title! It's about a daughter who had little to do with her Mother all her life, until Mom got dementia so daughter left her job in NYC to move to NC to take care of her. A lot of discovery in that book and a lot of humor!


3. Don't you just love strawberries? The season will soon be over where I live but I have enjoyed them thus far. I tried them with sugar and orange juice poured over the berries. YUM!

4. I am smelling mighty fine these days. Got a Mother's Day present from my oldest daughter which was much appreciated. You see, Elbert brought me my first bottle of Femme perfume when he came home years and years ago from a Navy Carribean cruise. I loved it and just wearing it brings back so many memories. Thanks, Marie.

5. And, of course, the random thing from my past. When planning a trip to Ireland in '96 I read about the jaunting carts that you could ride in and I wanted to do that. Luckily it was part of my and Marie's tour package. The driver was VERY Irish and we loved his rambling tales that he told as we jaunted through the countryside.
                                                                                                                 
                                                                                 God Bless,                                                       
                                                                                                     

19 comments:

  1. What luscious looking strawberries. Adding orange juice sounds good to me and I'll have to try it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love strawberries,they've just arrived here, late like the cherries were..I would like to try a new perfume, I wonder what Femme would be like on me, I like the relationship you have with it..the book is now on my list, I've so many friends with Mom's suffering from Alzheimer's..I read what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo, the one in Ireland is so wonderful. What a great memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those magnolias are gorgeous ... so lovely. i remember them from my Grandma's yard as a kid. so fun. they do mess up the yard though. ( :

    those strawberries look yummy good. you enjoy them. have a good weekend.
    rainy here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous magnolia and yummy strawberries (I'm adding orange juice). Wonderful memory of Ireland -- looks like fun. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Latane, glad to read your feeling better. Your magnolias are gorgeous they always bring 'Gone With the Wind' to my mind?!I must definitely try orange juice with strawberries whose season is just about beginning over here.Those jaunting cars are good fun but pricy! I compare them with the Gondoliers in Venice, they will tell you anything to get you on board and get your money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really miss having a Magnolia tree! I would love to visit Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That magnolia is magnificent Latane. What a gorgeous capture~

    Thanks so much for sharing your interesting facts today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Latane, I have been catching up on blogging reading after falling so far behind. I do hope that your back ache is all gone cause they can be right nasty as Grenville well knows. He sees a local chiropractor now once a month and does stretching exercises too. Your magnolia bush looks lovely and here we are awaiting our camellia to bloom. We have been eating lots of fresh strawberries from our 2 little patches and a little honey is also good on them. Thanks for the recent visits and comments on our blog...much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear that your ear is feeling better.... ear aches are a pain in the 'you know what'....

    I think of you so often... and know how you are getting through these difficult days.... and it makes it easier for me... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I want to read that book. Hope your ear continues to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent Magnolia - and a terrific blog post.
    Thank You,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first photo is so exquisite that it doesn't even look like a real flower! It reminds me of silk or a painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed the jaunting cart memories. Glad your ear is better. I used to get ear infections so bad I would cry from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. magnificent shot of the magnolia bloom...enjoyed your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The magnolia blossom is exquisite! And I like the jaunting cart picture a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Orange and strawberries, great idea and that is the next ingredient I will pour on mine.
    Sorry to hear about your ear ach, it's a terrible pain that makes one's whole face hurt. Glad to know it's better.
    Ireland must have been beautiful, a place my husband and I would love to see. We both have Irish roots.
    Now I am off to catch up on your posts that I have missed reading as I do enjoy them.
    Happy Monday
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful Random 5! Loved seeing the magnolia, and the picture of the jaunting cart! And so nice to see that bottle of Femme, there in one piece and being enjoyed by you, Mom. Glad you are.

    I haven't checked my email yet....been away all weekend. That's why I didn't do a Random 5 or an InSPIREd. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.