Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Barbecue

I thought I'd join in ABC Wednesday. When I did my own ABCs posts some time back it was such fun and then I discovered that there was a meme for that! Go over and check them out.




                                                     Today's letter is 'B'.

Since it is summertime and a lot of folks are barbecuing I thought it fitting that I would use                                               
                                               BARBECUE as my B word.

The dictionary says that barbecue can be a grill, pit or fireplace for roasting meat.


It also describes the meat cooked in that manner. (This sandwich is from Virginia Barbecue in Carrolton, Va.)


And, it is what we call a get-together when we all gather round and gobble up all that good food.

See you next Wednesday for the letter 'C'.



14 comments:

  1. Hey! I know that place! We stopped by there the day before yesterday for the very 1st time. Our waitress and I had a similar discussion about the various meanings of the word "barbecue". Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm-mmmm now i want some bbq!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbeque is huge here in Kansas City!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the club. Looks delicious!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great choice for 'B' Wednesday! we love BBQ here in Mississippi, too!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE BBQ!! Great choice for B!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love food that is BBQ'd or grilled, however they say it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that barbecue sandwich looks delicious!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love barbecue sandwiches. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love barbecue! Your sandwich looks so good. Have a good afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O, I do love me some good barbecue...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thrilled to have you join us! It's a great group here. Love your post and you've made me drool for some bbq ribs!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love a great BBQ sandwich.... Pulled pork is my fav!!!!!! YUM..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so bloomin' hungry now for a REAL bar-b-que sandwich! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.