Love the Willy Nilly Friday that Tanya is hosting. You ought to check it out.
Now, for my Random 5 things.
1. I just read a long quote from Meryl Streep (on facebook) that I love. It's about how, at her age, she has no patience for things that cause her stress, people who are rude and uncaring. It goes on and on. That is so ME at this age. Me, me, me. Life is just too short to waste it on trying to please people who don't give a hoot. I will fill my life, what's left of it, with joy and gladness.
2. There is nothing more peaceful than sitting on my balcony in the dead of night enjoying a sliver of moon as it plays peek-a-boo with me from behind a cloud.
3. I do love food. Since my colon cancer surgery (12 years ago) I have to watch what I eat. And, as I age, it gets more tedious. My tummy did not like the Chinese food that I ate yesterday!
4. Happy, happy, happy that, with summer over, the activities have picked up here at The Commons. I have something to do five days out of the next seven!
5. After several weeks of absence I saw a goose on the pond yesterday. And, the blue heron. Maybe with cooler weather I will get to enjoy the birds that I did when I moved in here.