I have loved to read books since I was little bitty. I realize that there are a lot of people in the same boat. When I had Marie (my first born) I read to her a lot. And, she has been an avid reader all her life.
So, daughter Marie from A Colorful World and I were talking about what joy we get from reading and how we love sharing our joy with others.
We ask each other "Why not have a book club on Blogger?"
I had already set up a new blog named Springtime In Magnolia (just as a sort of promotion for my newly published novel) but then it was just sitting there.
So, it will become the NEW BOOK CLUB blog!!
Rules: (I guess we need a few)
1. Anyone who loves to read can be an Book Club administrator (did you know you can have up to 100 admins on a blog? Least that's what I read)
2. If you plan to participate regularly (as often as you can) just comment on this blog post or email me. I will contact you for your email address so that Blogger can send you an invite to be an administrator on the book club blog (Springtime In Magnolia).
3. As an administrator, you can post on that blog just like you do on your own blog.
4. Sometime during each month post a 'review' of a book you have just read (or a favorite you have read in the past). We don't plan on having all of us reading the same book at the same time. You choose what you wish to read.
5. Feel free to comment on other bloggers reviews on the blog. That way we can share our joy of certain books and authors and make recommendations for others to read that particular book.
Marie and I hope you will join in the fun. So sign up soon. We will be looking for you!!