Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Five


I trust that all of you had a wonderful, fun-filled holiday yesterday. Many of us got to spend it with some family, many may have been alone. But, however you spent Thanksgiving I hope you had a good meal, some reflection on what's important in life and just how blessed we truly are. 

Now, with that said, I will proceed with my Willy Nilly Friday and Five on Friday.

1. I was going to do a meme My Town Shoot Out today but with all the preparation for Thanksgiving going on, I never got a chance to drive downtown to get a picture of the 'tallest building'. I need to stay ahead of the game if I am going to play!! I did find out that the tallest building here is 8 stories high. We are so big-time!!

2. Yesterday was my third Thanksgiving meal!! I was about turkeyed out and didn't even eat any turkey but I really enjoyed the sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, mac and cheese etc, etc. 
Gee, that's a lot of carbs. 


3. What fun it was to watch the younger set playing in the yard yesterday. 

The temp was nearly 70, sunny, perfect for all sorts of games. The great-grands that I spent Thanksgiving with are from the age of 2  to 5. My oldest great-grandson is in Arizona. He's 14.

                                             Even the grown grandchildren were 
                                                                   swinging,

                                                                     climbing trees,

                                                                     skateboarding. 

I sat in the safety of my lawn chair and watched. But, even then, I got hit in the head with a football... a Nerf football. But, it hurt just the same. I'm getting to be such a woose. 

4. It's time to take down my Thanksgiving decorations and begin dragging out some Christmas. I'm ready. 

5. I am finally seeing some bird activity on the pond. FINALLY. The geese come and go. The Hooded Merganser ducks are keeping me entertained. They will dive underwater and don't come up, don't come up, don't come up and then suddenly they reappear. 

13 comments:

  1. Hello, sounds like you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. We had nice weather too. The Mac& cheese looks yummy. I love your Merganser shot. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving with great food and surrounded by family. I too am starting on the Christmas décor a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving . . . bring on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving. Thank you for joining five on Friday, I hope that you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love the little duck in the pond. We had a sunny but chilly day. Glad your grands were able to get out and play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful family gathering. I drug out some Christmas today. I don't mind the decor, but hate the process of taking it out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Thanksgiving you had ... you have some great photos there.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks so yummy! And nice weather like in autumn - what a perfect holiday...
    We haven't Thanksgiving here in Germany and cold wintry weather now, but we like to sit by candlelight in a warm room and enjoying the time before Christmas
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving - it looks as if it was great fun. Those ducks and waterbirds always duck under water just as you have your camera ready to click don't they? Love the hooded merganser:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fine Thanksgiving you enjoyed! Some inspired picture-taking, too. I like your description of the duck. You did well to capture him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I wish we had Thanksgiving in England, it's such a lovely idea to celebrate what is really important. It looks like you had a wonderful one full of food and family. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Thanksgiving Friday Five, Mom! Looks like you had an incredible day! All the kiddos are having a blast and that's wonderful! Loved seeing all the photos! The hooded mergansers are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.