I trust that all of you had a wonderful, fun-filled holiday yesterday. Many of us got to spend it with some family, many may have been alone. But, however you spent Thanksgiving I hope you had a good meal, some reflection on what's important in life and just how blessed we truly are.
Now, with that said, I will proceed with my Willy Nilly Friday and Five on Friday.
1. I was going to do a meme My Town Shoot Out today but with all the preparation for Thanksgiving going on, I never got a chance to drive downtown to get a picture of the 'tallest building'. I need to stay ahead of the game if I am going to play!! I did find out that the tallest building here is 8 stories high. We are so big-time!!
2. Yesterday was my third Thanksgiving meal!! I was about turkeyed out and didn't even eat any turkey but I really enjoyed the sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, mac and cheese etc, etc.
Gee, that's a lot of carbs.
3. What fun it was to watch the younger set playing in the yard yesterday.
The temp was nearly 70, sunny, perfect for all sorts of games. The great-grands that I spent Thanksgiving with are from the age of 2 to 5. My oldest great-grandson is in Arizona. He's 14.
Even the grown grandchildren were
I sat in the safety of my lawn chair and watched. But, even then, I got hit in the head with a football... a Nerf football. But, it hurt just the same. I'm getting to be such a woose.
4. It's time to take down my Thanksgiving decorations and begin dragging out some Christmas. I'm ready.
5. I am finally seeing some bird activity on the pond. FINALLY. The geese come and go. The Hooded Merganser ducks are keeping me entertained. They will dive underwater and don't come up, don't come up, don't come up and then suddenly they reappear.