Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas Preparation

I love Christmas!! 
              Really, I do. But, then panic always sets in when I get behind with all the nutty shopping and baking and going to events. My December calendar is ridiculous!! But, I guess yours is, too. 

And, what is noted on the page is just events. That doesn't include the shopping, mailing packages, writing out cards.... oh, you get the picture. Yes, I am busy but I like it that way. 


Last Wednesday a group of ... and I started to say OLDER women but instead I will say RETIRED women,... met in the community room here at The Commons to decorate the room and the tree. We had a lot of fun and fellowship plus some cookies and eggnog. Everything looked so pretty when we got through so I guess we did a 'bang-up' job of it.

Cute stockings hung by the chimney with care. We don't really have a chimney but who cares? 

        The more the merrier. Lots of ideas, lots of work and everyone pitched in...

Here's the tree, just about finished but minus the star on top. I must go down and take a picture with the star in place!! 

I got all inspired so I dragged out my meager decorations and did my apartment. (I'll try to share some pictures of that later on.) 

Last year my son-in-law strung some icicle lights on my balcony but this year... well, I just told him that I could do it, he had enough to take care of and I DID IT. 

There's some purple lights in that string and I just love purple so I was happy about that. Yeah, I know, purple's not a Christmas color but it's what makes me happy so ....

One of the many decorated lampposts in the courtyard. 


Here's my little tree. It's made out of molded something or other with flashing lights on it, less than 2 feet tall. I set it on a table covered with my pretty Christmas cloth. And, I've started placing presents around the legs of the little table. It suits me just fine. 

                                                     Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....
                                                                  

10 comments:

  1. As long as you have some sparkle and shine...looks as if youd do! How fun to decorate the Community Room together. It sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The community room turned out great! Nobody does it better then a fantastic group of ladies!! Love love love your purple bedecked balcony and the glowing lights. Your little tree looks pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The community room turned out great! Nobody does it better then a fantastic group of ladies!! Love love love your purple bedecked balcony and the glowing lights. Your little tree looks pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you had a lot of things to do. I like the way you decorated everything. It looks really pretty and in a good mood. I like the lights you put on your balcony. They look really in a Holiday mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, pretty tree and lights. It is fun decorating with a group! Happy Monday, enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys did a great job at the Commons, and I love your balcony lights! What a cute tree...it's similar to the one you gave Yvonne! I just have to get past these wall hangings before I can do anything else!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful trees and decorations and great fun times!! What could be better! Enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a weekly calendar. If I looked at the whole month, like your calendar, I'd probably give up and go back to bed! LOL I like your balcony lights, and think purple adds a hint of royalty to it. Good job on doing it yourself! It looks like a fun time decorating, maybe I should get y'all to come to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you and the others had a lot of fun decorating, Latane. Purple is my favorite color as well so glad you included those lights. And, we also have a small tree, which is a bit larger than yours but also on a table and with a village around it. Decorating is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Students always need a good support from elders to make their school life as healthy. We can solve their writing work issues by selecting a top writing service provider. try to understand more about it.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.