1. I'm getting a little better with every pastel that I do. Maybe I'll get good at it one of these days. I'd done the face of a cat recently (which I will not show you). I mean I do have some pride!! Tried it again.. it's better this go around.
2. It's going to snow this afternoon here in coastal Virginia. That probably means that the Valentine Spaghetti dinner the staff at the Commons was going to treat us to tonight will be cancelled. Nobody wants to be on the road when it's snowing!!
3. Last yesterday afternoon I noticed a heron standing in this bitterly cold wind, hoping for a bite to eat. Just look at the reflection in the water!
then he started walking toward me....still more reflection. I seldom see that.
and he finally settled next to the bank. I may have to try my hand at a pastel of this shot.
4. Back last November I kept watching my Christmas Cactus but not a single bud appeared. Someone told me I should have kept it in the dark for about 6 weeks so I popped it into the guest shower to sit a spell. That made it very late in blooming so now I have a Valentine Cactus!!
5. On days like this I wish I had a fireplace. I'd snuggle up on the sofa with my sweetie. But, I don't so I will just have to look at an old picture I have of a fire roaring away. It looks so warm and inviting....
Happy Valentine's Day.