Sometimes you just run across pictures of 'old timey' things. Mostly on Pinterest and I do have a board on there to save all my 'old timey' things that I remember.
It's Friday and time for Willy Nilly Friday and Five On Friday. What a perfect time to share with all of you some things from the past. None of these are my photos, however. They came from Pinterest.
1. Don't know what these are? You are so YOUNG!!! Bless your heart. You've never washed clothes on a rub board. Lordy mercy. Well, I have. And, no, I am not 150 years old. But, you make do with what you have when you are young and poor. Last time I used one of these was when my oldest daughter was a baby... we won't say how long ago that was, now, will we?!
2. Oh, and this little palace! I hated having to go to the outdoor toilet when I was young (that was back in the '30s). Ours didn't even have a moon on it. But, it did have a door. So, so happy that we finally got indoor plumbing!!
3. When my babies were little .. that was in the days of CLOTH diapers!! heaven forbid. And, those squares of cloth had to be kept in place on their tiny little butts. What a cute way to pin them with animal shaped pins. Not that the kid is ever going to look down there and say, 'Oh look, Mommy... a pig' or 'I see a bunny'. I mean, come on!
4. What are these? A hint.... they were used before air-conditioning days. Every church pew had one so you could sit there and fan yourself while the preacher droned on and on and he thinks you're listening while you are actually planning a committee meeting on how to get rid of him!! he he
5. Every woman needs one. When did they go away? I think it was when women stopped dressing up in her 'good' clothes to cook dinner for the family. Nobody cares if you slop gravy all over a dirty pair of jeans and a worn out t-shirt. So, these were to keep your 'good' clothes from getting stains. The older I get, the more I drop food on myself when I am eating. I think I have found my answer to keeping my clothes clean!! What you think?