Monday, September 4, 2017

A Trip to Alabama

I am in Alabama, visiting my son who has a birthday this week. It was a very uneventful trip down from Virginia. Interstates seem to be lined with trees, trees, trees. Not much to see. That's too bad. But, I did get a couple good shots on the road yesterday.

We had lunch at a rest stop somewhere in North Carolina. The food was so yummy and my body enjoyed the rest it got. That's my daughter and son-in-law making their sandwiches.

At a nearby table, a bluebird was having his lunch. I don't see many bluebirds around my apartment so this was fun, watching him hop around with the insect in his beak.

 I have done no editing to this picture. And, I took it from the back seat of our vehicle, through a dirty windshield. That sunset was unbelievable. The sun actually was bright red (showed up white in the picture). I don't think I've ever seen a more pretty one.

 As we drove farther and farther south, the sun went down and the moon came out. It had a very distinctive face on it's surface but it doesn't show up here. 


There will be more to share as the week goes on. The guys are working on rebuilding a deck for my son. But, there will be lots of fun stuff going on, too.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time and the sunset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good time to visit as we are finally getting cooler weather down here in MS and AL.
    Happy Birthday to your son!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjiy your travels and time spent with family, Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip, enjoy the quality time with family. Beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That sunset! Great photo! Glad the trip was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good time to visit as we are finally getting cooler weather down here in MS and AL.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.