Monday, November 13, 2017

A Blue Bird of Happiness

I seem to be more interested in painting birds and flowers than anything else. I wonder if it is because I love those things in nature. And, I want them preserved with watercolor so I can see them all the time. Just a guess.

I recently ran across a blog that had a meme for art with a theme. Nope, not Michael McVean's Scribble Picnic but another one. I am going to try it this morning.. Check it out for yourself, it's Take A Word.

Since the theme is Shades of blue... and I just painted a bluebird. Hey, I think that will work.


15 comments:

  1. wow!!! that is just beautiful...i wish i had your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting. I hope you return to the weekly Take a Word challenge because I look forward to seeing more of your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, this is really really good. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful painting, the bird looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful blue jay-your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 💙 The blue jay is gorgeous! Hope you have fun with this second art blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Latane - love your little blue bird! I have it in my life plans to take up painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your painting is quite beautiful! i adore birds and you have depicted this one very well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous hand drawn blue jay...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wondrous and wonderful painting. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blue jay is beautiful, Mom! Wonderfully well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That will work indeed! Your blue jay is beautifully rendered, and we thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.